Baking Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Baking Temperature: 180° C (360°F)
Makes 24 crackers (6 serving)
• 1/2 cup Ragi (Nachni / Red Millet) flour
• 1/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
• 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (Gehun ka Atta)
• 2 TSP Olive Oil
• 1/2 TSP Green Chilli Paste
• 1/2 TSP Garlic (Lehsun) Paste
• Salt to taste
To Be Mixed Into A Cucumber Dip
• 1/2 cup grated Cucumber
• 1 cup hung low-fat Curds (Dahi), Whisked
• 2 TBSP finely chopped Mint leaves (Phudina) Leaves
• 2 TBSP finely chopped Coriander (Dhania)
• 1/4 TSP Cumin seeds (Jeera) powder
• 1/4 tsp Garlic (Lehsun) Paste
• Salt to taste
For the Ragi and Oat Crackers
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 200 mm. (8?) diameter circle without using any flour for rolling.
- Prick them all over using a fork and cut out into approx. 50 mm. × 50 mm. (2? × 2? square pieces using a knife. You will get approx. 12 pieces.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 12 more pieces using another dough portion.
- Arrange them on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 to 30 minutes or till they turn crisp from both sides while turning them once after 12 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
How to serve
- Serve the Ragi and Oat crackers with the Cucumber dip.
Source: Tarla Dalal
URL : https://www.tarladalal.com/Ragi-and-Oat-Crackers-with-Cucumber-Dip-39956r
Download the Recipe