Soaking time: 2 hours
Makes 12 tikkis
• 1/2 cup Masoor Dal (Split Red Lentil)
• 1/4 cup grated low-fat Paneer
• 1/4 cup finely chopped Onions
• 2 TBSP Finely chopped Coriander (Dhania)
• 1/2 TSP Lemon juice
• 1 TSP Green Chilli paste
• 2 whole Wheat Bread Slices, Crumbled
• Salt to taste
• 1 3/4 TSP Oil for greasing and cooking
To Be Mixed Into A Curd Dip
• 1/2 cup Fresh thick low-fat Curds (Dahi)
• 1/4 cup finely chopped Cucumber
• 2 TBSP finely chopped Mint Leaves (Pudina)
• 1/2 TSP Cumin seeds (Jeera) powder
• Salt to Taste
- Soak the Masoor Dal in enough Water in a deep bowl for 2 hours and drain well.
- Combine the Masoor Dal, Salt and 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the dal is tender while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the dal to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the Masoor Dal mixture, in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50mm flat round Tikki.
- Heat a non-stick Tava (Griddle) and grease it using ¼ TSP of oil.
- Cook each Tikki on a slow flame, using 1/2 TSP of oil till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve immediately topped with Curd dip.
Source: Tarla Dalal
Download the Recipe