What exactly is a `Sick Day’?
- It’s a day on which you suffer from any infection like: Cough, cold, (infection), loose motions, fever to name a few
And here’s what generally happens on a sick day
- Unable to eat – chew – swallow and therefore tend to avoid food. Also feel nauseous and want to throw up
When you suffer as above;
- DO NOT STOP FOOD AND DIABETES TREATMENT (tablets / injection)
- On a Sick Day you need more food than you usually do – more medication tablets or insulin injections to fight illness.
- Take Liquid or Semisolid food in small quantity every 1-2 hourly even though you may feel like vomiting, rather it would actually will help in stopping the feeling of Nausea and vomiting.
If need be take antiemetic tablet. (Tablet to control vomiting.)
SICK DAY DIET
Cereals & Pulses Combination:
Dal-Rice, Curd- Rice, Mung- Rice, Khichadi, Dalia, Kanji, Porridge.
Vegetables, Boiled Pulses Boiled sprouts (Mung, Math, Chana) Soup.
Soup, Dal water, Butter Milk, Kanji unstrained Fruit juice.
Curd, Buttermilk & Lassi