Nutrition plan for a healthy person and a diabetic patient is same.
Like all other people, a Diabetic should remain away from 3 white poisons.
- Excess of sugar and refined flour (MAIDA) containing food articles.
- Excess of fried food articles.
- Excess of salty food articles.
Have a balanced diet at regular time interval:
- Eat all cereals & gain energy.
- Eat all pulses & achieve growth- wear-tear –repair.
- Eat all vegetables – fruits & gain immunity – resistance – power to fight illness.
- Take milk – milk products – oils and non-veg. food articles in moderation.
- Eat small quantities of food every 2 hourly. Do not keep large gaps in between 2 meals.
- Avoid heavy meals and fasting or skipping of meals at any time.
- All cereals are permitted (Rice, wheat, bajra, jowar, maize, nachni)
- All pulses are permitted (Tur, moong, math, chawli, peas, chana, urad, rajma, beans)
- All fruits are permitted 150 – 200 gms per day (Even grapes, mango, jackfruit, chikoo, custard apple, and banana)
- All tubers are permitted upto 50 gms per day (Potato, sweet potato, yam, suran, beetroot, carrot, arvi)
PREFER CEREALS + PULSE + VEGETABLES COMBINATION:
Idli, Dosa, Upma, Tomato omelet, Chilla-Pudla, Dhokla, Khaman, Muthia.