Ingredients to Serve 4
- 1/2 Cup Moong (Whole green gram)
- 1 TSP Oil
- 1/4 TSP Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 4 to 5 Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)
- 1/4 TSP Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
- 2 TSP Lemon Juice
For The Garnish
2 TBSP finely Chopped Coriander (Dhania)
- Clean and wash the moong, add 5 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, asafoetida and moong(along with water), mix well and bring to boil
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Source: Tarla Dalal