Ingredients to Serve 6
- 1 1/2 TBSP finely Chopped Garlic (Lehsun)
- 1/2 Cup Masoor Dal (Split red Lentil) , washed and drained
- 3/4 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 TSP Oil
- 1/2 Cup thinly Sliced Onions
- 1/2 TSP Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 TSP Lemon Juice
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the Masoor dal, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée into a deep non-stick pan, add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve Hot.
Source: Tarla Dalal
Video Demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOZLdeupaFY