Avoid Saturated fats like Dalda, Vanaspati etc.
Avoid deep-frying in any oil or Ghee.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF: –
- Some amount of dietary fat is essential for health. So it should not be stopped.
- The quantity of daily fat intake should be minimum.
E.g. For a normal adult weighing 60 kgs maximum fat intake should be 20 gms/day (4 tsp) and if complications exist, fat intake should be 10 gms/day (2 tsp)
- The method of cooking should also be considered. When oil is used for frying it loses the polyunsaturation, thus avoid deep-frying, and prefer methods like seasoning, roasting, boiling, baking, grilling etc
WHAT IS THE BETTER CHOICE?
- Vegetable oils do NOT contain CHOLESTEROL
(eg. sunflower, groundnut, safflower, soya, mustard)
CHOLESTEROL is PRESENT only in animal fats.
- All types of oil will give the same number of calories. For instance, 1 gm of oil gives 9 kcals.
- Dalda and vanaspati ghee contain(s) saturated fat, which is not good for the heart.