- 1 cup Besan (Bengal gram Flour)
- 1/4 TSP Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 TSP Asafoetida (Hing)
- 2 TSP Lemon Juice
- 1/4 TSP powdered Sugar
- 2 TSP Oil
- Salt to taste
For the Ragi and Oat Crackers
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough, using approx. 2 TBSP of water.
- Shape the dough into a cylindrical roll, fill the dough into the “sev press” and press out thin strands onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour.
- Cool, store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- Ensure you use a sev press plate with very thin holes so the sev bakes faster and is crisper.
- If your baking tray is small, make this recipe in 2 batches.
Source: Tarla Dalal